Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Price Of Persia: The Sands Of Time

The full trailer went up on line for the movie yesterday and hot damn does it look promising.  I hate the fact that I have never really played any of these games because I heard they were really good, fun games, most of them at least.  I assume the movie is based off the game of the same name, but I don't know where they are taking lore/story from.  People are going to rag on the movie reguardless because its a "video game movie" but in the end, it looks better than half the other vg movies that have come out in the past.  You really kinda have a powerhouse team working on this movie.

First you have Jerry Bruckheimer producing the movie.  I really like what he picks to put his money into, since he just doesn't dump money into any pieces of crap movie that comes along.  Yes, Disney is tied to the film with Bruckheimer, but they also paired on the Pirates movies which were generally good, fun movies, as well as the two National Treasure movies.  They weren't the greatest but they were fun, goofy "lets go on an around the world adventure!" type of movie that you just don't see anymore.  Mike Newell is directing, and directed my personal favorite Harry Potter movie (Goblet of Fire), and can do action well and I generally like his movies.  Rounding out the cast is Jake Gyllenhaal who I am kinda indifferent to.  He might be good, he might be bad, I don't know yet.  Playing our villian is Sir Ben Kingsly who with the exception of a handful of bad movies (BLOODRAYNE WTFFAIL??) is a class actor and I find him to bring something good to the movies he does.  Gemma Arterton plays our female lead, and I just absolutely love her.  She's a British actress who has only done a few "main stream" movies such as having a small part in Quantam of Solace and RocknRolla.  She will be in the upcoming (and AWESOME looking remake of Clash of the Titans too).  Finally we have Alfred Molina who we all know from Spider-Man 2.  He's another great, timeless actor who brings so much to the screen.

So again all in all the movie looks really good.  I'm sure people will still complain about something because they always do, but for what its worth, I'll be seeing it.  Check out the trailer below:

Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time

No comments:

Post a Comment