Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I Have No Class: The Striker

Alright, back on track.  Missed the deadline on the last post due to lame school obligations but here we are once again.  Today we look into the Striker class.  Strike is more of a Dungeons and Dragons term for DPS rather than the WoW definition of things.  If that still doesn't make sense to you, DPS stands for Damage Per Second, or just simply your damage output...but were getting off topic. Once again, MW2 doesn't really work on the standards that most RPG's do, but usually the purpose of DPS in a group is damage.  Quick and nasty damage.  So lets speed right in, and get down to it with the Striker.

The Striker
Primary Weapon: For the Striker, we want fast, burst damage.  The best results for that is sub-machine guns.  SMG's make for great weapons when you want to move quick but still crush your opponent.  SMG's lack in range greatly, but again these guns are great for close, in your face action.  I put my money on the UMP .45.  With it's above average accuracy, top damage among the SMG class and middle of the ground fire rate, it makes for a great weapon.  If you prefer to not worry about range and are the type of person that likes your rapid fire, rapid fire, best bet is to roll with the P90.  With the second highest fire rate of the group, it personally tops the Vector because of it's damage and bigger clip size.
Attachment: Rapid fire is really fun, especially on guns where the fire rate is already jacked pretty high.  While it doesn't up the damage of your gun, it sure as hell tears through someone like water through cheap toilet paper.  I only ever tried Akimbo once with the UMP and as I have said numerous times, I'm not a hip fire person anyway, and I only really like it with the Ranger.  As I always tell you kids, take advantages of sights.

Secondary Weapon:  Now here's is another bit of contention for me for a quick damage class.  It would see that a likely side arm would be a machine pistol due to their high fire rates and top mobility.  If one were inclined to use a machine pistol, I suggest the PP2000.  The stats are pretty average which makes it a good all around gun, where as the G18 is to inaccurate, the TMP fires slower and the M93 does burst fire.
Attachment: Sights, maybe Akimbo.  In reality and a close fight using FMJ to try and get someone behind a wall or box wont work as effective if they are on the other side with a bigger gun in the first place.

Personally though for my Striker class, I pair myself with a Launcher.  The reason behind this is A.) it's always good to keep a launcher handy and B.) With a SMG, and a few perks to help I can move around a lot better on a map, avoiding fire from above.  It makes it easy to zip behind a building, get into a safe spot, and take down the jet.  I prefer the Stinger above all else because of its nice lock on and damage.  I know the Javelin and RPG-7 are favorites as well, but I don't really use my launcher to go after players, I really reserve it for taking down aircrafts. 

Perk 1: Marathon Pro.  Again our goal here with this class is speed.  With unlimited sprint and a light weapon, you can kill someone twice before they notice once on small maps like Rust.
Perk 2: Lightweight Pro.  Again it's all about the speed.  Being able to sprint around someone, come up from behind and aim down your sight with quick flare is just plain fun.
Perk 3: SitRep Pro.  I like this one because most of the time when I'm on the move, I'm not really looking at the ground or around corners slowly.  I keep my head up to watch for oncoming traffic, so SitRep is a handy perk to have when you don't want to accident eat a claymore burger.

Death Streak: Painkiller or Martyrdom.  A good health boost is nice incase you take off running soon as you spawn and encounter enemies, and you can never go wrong dropping a grenade if someone knifes you.

This post was pretty short, but again the Striker class is a pretty straight forward one.  Get in, waste some dudes and get out.  Next up is our Ranger/Hunter class, whatever you feel like calling it, and we'll be taking a look at the art of the sniper.

As always, thanks for reading.
         - Nerdsbeware Out

No comments:

Post a Comment